• Legal Framework: The legal obligations for safe operations of the vessel in the context of duties in civil law and statutory obligations; and aspects of MI law necessary for the correct administration of a commercially operated yacht registered in the Marshall Islands.
• Ships Administration: The basics of administration and accounting practices involved in vessel operation
• Practical Stability: Stability basics with regard to safe operations of the vessel in normal, emergency and dry docking situations
• Safety Management: Vessel Safety management including an understanding of ISM and associated procedures and auditing requirements
• Bridge Resource Management: The importance of proper Watchkeeping practice and Bridge Team management
• Security: The application of security procedures and risks associated with vessel operation
• COLREGS: assessment
It is expected that candidates complete a minimum of 20 hours of pre-course study.
NOTE: Applicants must be pre-approved to take the course.
An MI-105E form must be submitted along with a $300.00 fee to the address below before the applicant can take the examination or be issued any certificate by the training facility.
Office of the Maritime Administrator
Attn: Seafarers’ Documentation
International Registries, Inc.
11495 Commerce Park Dr.
Reston, VA 20191-1506 USA
Assessment Written assessment