Bluewater is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What data do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, phone number, and information regarding what pages are accessed on our website and when.
If you have a Bluewater Club account or book training courses, the personal information collected is extended to any further personal details and documents you upload to your Club account, as well as any documents required for your training courses.
If you work on a yacht managed by Bluewater (Yacht Management, Yacht Charter, Yacht Brokerage), the information we collect can also include your post or job title, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), email address, Next of Kin, Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport, Professional Qualifications and in some cases Banking Details.
We also ask you to notify us if any of your personal information is wrong or if you need to inform us about any changes.
How is your data used?
We may use your data for the following purposes:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
• To provide a better service for you, whether it is Crew Placement, Crew Training, Yacht Brokerage, Yacht Charter and/or Yacht Management.
• To process bookings made by you for training courses, including certification at the end of your course.
• Internal record-keeping.
• To improve our products and services.
• To send you information on events, offers, news and campaigns.
• To contact you for market research purposes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
16 or Under
If you are aged 16 or under please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Third party service providers
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be advised that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your information is stored on systems that are protected by technical measures which meet international quality assurance standards and are backed up on a regular basis.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to update or restrict the collection or use of your personal information as follows:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Individuals are entitled only to their own personal data, and not to information relating to other people unless they are acting on behalf of that person. In these circumstances, written consent will be required.
Bluewater will comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as is practicable, but will ensure that the information is provided within 30 days, as required by GDPR.
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 25th May 2018.