Bluewater USA offers a Ships Cook Assessment which conforms to the International Labour Organization, Maritime Labour Convention, 2006, in part 8 of the Regulations.
The assessment consists of three different modules which all need to be completed, it will take place in a state of the art kitchen at our training facility. This assessment includes Food Safety Level 3.
Training is available to prepare for the assessment upon request via the Bluewater website.
The assessment covers the following subjects:
- Health and safety in catering in the maritime industry
- Kitchen operations, costs and menu planning
- Applying work skills
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Cultural and religious catering requirements
- Dietary requirements of shift workers
- Prepare and cook soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains, and egg dishes
- Prepare and cook desert and pudding
- Prepare and cook bakery products
• Minimum 18 years of age
• 1 year of sea service as a chef/cook or 1 year of experience as a chef or cook on land and 1 month of sea service.
Course Duration: 2 days.
Exam review followed by a 40 question MLC compliant written assessment (passing grade minimum 70%)
1 day practical assessment in soups, starters, meats, fish, poultry and vegetables (passing grade minimum 70%).
1 day practical assessment in pastry, bakery and deserts (passing grade minimum 70%)
2 day practical culinary assessment, Exam review followed by 40 question MLC exam
Written and Practical Assessments
Book & pay for your bluewater crew training courses online. Join Club bluewater today !
Your club login is used for just about everything you do with us. You may also manage your crew profile, apply for yacht jobs, manage your personal information as well as entering our latest competitions.Join the club