Bluewater USA offers a Ships Cook Assessment which conforms to the International Labour Organization, Maritime Labour Convention, 2006, in part 8 of the Regulations.
The assessment consists of three different modules which all need to be completed, it will take place in a state of the art kitchen at our training facility.
Training is available to prepare for the assessment upon request via the Bluewater website.
The assessment covers the following subjects:
- Health and safety in catering in the maritime industry
- Kitchen operations, costs and menu planning
- Applying work skills
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Cultural and religious catering requirements
- Dietary requirements of shift workers
- Prepare and cook soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains, and egg dishes
- Prepare and cook desert and pudding
- Prepare and cook bakery products
• Minimum 18 years of age
• 1 year of sea service as a chef/cook or 1 year of experience as a chef or cook on land and 1 month of sea service.
Course Duration: 3 days.
1 day review followed by a 60 question written assessment (passing grade minimum 70%)
1 day practical assessment in soups, starters, meats, fish, poultry and vegetables (passing grade minimum 65%).
1 day practical assessment in pastry, bakery and deserts (passing grade minimum 70%)
We provide this yacht training course in Fort Lauderdale.Duration details
1 day review and written assessment, 2 days practical assessmentAssessment
Written and Practical Assessments
|04 March 2020||Fort Lauderdale||$1999||Limited places||Book now|
|11 March 2020||Fort Lauderdale||$1999||Limited places||Book now|
|01 April 2020||Fort Lauderdale||$1999||Places available||Book now|
|22 April 2020||Fort Lauderdale||$1999||Places available||Book now|
|13 May 2020||Fort Lauderdale||$1999||Places available||Book now|
|03 June 2020||Fort Lauderdale||$1999||Places available||Book now|