The code was introduced in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in New York in 2001. Students learn how to establish and implement a ship security plan. The code formally requires certain actions by ship staff in terms of onboard organization, security plans, risk assessments, physical security equipment and training.
Upon completion of the course, the SSO will understand how to:
• undertake regular security inspections of the ship to ensure that appropriate security
measures are maintained
• maintain and supervise the implementation of the ship security plan, including any
amendments to the plan
• co-ordinate the security aspects of the handling of cargo and ship’s stores with other
shipboard personnel and with the relevant port facility security officers;
• propose modifications to the ship security plan
• report to the company security officer, any deficiencies and non-conformities identified
during internal audits, periodic reviews, security inspections and verifications of compliance
and the implementation of any corrective actions;
• enhance security awareness and vigilance on board
• ensure that adequate training has been provided to shipboard personnel, and the reporting
of all security incidents
We provide this yacht training course in Antibes, Fort Lauderdale & Palma.
Continuous in course plus an examination
Approved sea going service of not less than 12 months.