What is the course about?
Learn the fundamentals of therapeutic massage. Using the application of oils you will be able to gain an insight into how massage can alleviate stress and promote relaxation and healing through touch. An excellent introduction for those of you wishing to develop a new skill or follow on to our accredited courses
What will we cover?
This course will introduce you to the therapeutic benefits of massage, the value of touch and client handling. Other topics will include:
- History of massage
- Benefits and different types of massage
- Contra-indications, and hygiene
- Massage oils
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- The benefits of the massage strokes to include effleurage, petrissage, percussion and friction movements.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Guide your receiver into a comfortable position in preparation for the treatment
- Name some of the contra-indications to massage
- List the benefits of massage
- Name some of the massage oils used in massage and how they benefit the skin
- Perform a safe and effective massage for the back, shoulders, arms, legs, face and neck.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course for those new to the art of massage, or with limited experience.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be guided through the course by way of lectures, small group and pair work. You will be able to work with a variety of fellow participants of varying ages, backgrounds, gender and abilities. The emphasis will be on the practical application. Students will be working with each other giving and receiving .There will be a written assignment, however it is advisable for students to practice massage between sessions.
We provide this yacht training course in Harmonie.
The emphasis will be on the practical application. Students will be working with each other giving and receiving .There will be a written assignment, however it is advisable for students to practice massage between sessions.