This four-day course comprises 12 modules with practical’s:
Day 1 -Fundamental level
• BAS - Units and symbols for electricity. Basic electrical circuits. Current flow.
• FLT - Basic fault-finding tool kit for modern electrical & electronic systems.
• OHM - Sherlock Ohms; understanding and applying basic electrical measurements with hands on custom practical.
Day 2- Intermediate level
• BAT – Batteries, chargers and inverters. Hybrid options.
• DCS- Distributed controls on board with introduction to PLCs.
• GEN-A- Shore power; an introduction to single phase and three phase systems with practical measurements.
Day 3 - Proficient level
• HYD - Hydraulic controls for large sailing vessels
• DRV - Drives primer: Variable frequency drives vs. soft starters
• GEN-B - Generator controls and power management systems, with practical video training.
Day 4 - Advanced level
• SEN - A primer on measurement methods and sensor interfacing.
• AMS - Monitoring, control and alarm systems.
• PLC- Programmable Logic Controllers - purpose and functions on board with hands on custom practical.
We provide this yacht training course in Antibes.Assessment
Continuous practical and written assessment