This four-day course comprises 12 modules with practical’s:
Day 1 -Fundamental level
• BAS - Units and symbols for electricity. Basic electrical circuits. Current flow.
• FLT - Basic fault-finding tool kit for modern electrical & electronic systems.
• OHM - Sherlock Ohms; understanding and applying basic electrical measurements with hands on custom practical.
Day 2- Intermediate level
• BAT – Batteries, chargers and inverters. Hybrid options.
• DCS- Distributed controls on board with introduction to PLCs.
• GEN-A- Shore power; an introduction to single phase and three phase systems with practical measurements.
Day 3 - Proficient level
• HYD - Hydraulic controls for large sailing vessels
• DRV - Drives primer: Variable frequency drives vs. soft starters
• GEN-B - Generator controls and power management systems, with practical video training.
Day 4 - Advanced level
• SEN - A primer on measurement methods and sensor interfacing.
• AMS - Monitoring, control and alarm systems.
• PLC- Programmable Logic Controllers - purpose and functions on board with hands on custom practical.
Please be aware that this course cannot be paid for with credits from the One account - as the instructor is an external 3rd party instructor.
Continuous practical and written assessment
Book & pay for your bluewater crew training courses online. Join Club bluewater today !
Your club login is used for just about everything you do with us. You may also manage your crew profile, apply for yacht jobs, manage your personal information as well as entering our latest competitions.Join the club