This popular 5-day course teaches crew to better support the most common yacht audio-visual (AV) and control systems. The focus is on familiarizing students with the essential theory and tasks required to proficiently manage the classroom’s own superyacht AV system.
Exclusively, this course also includes an official 1-day Crestron Technician syllabus and certification. Additionally, further Crestron systems training is delivered throughout the week.
Class numbers are kept deliberately small, never exceeding 8 students.
This course is ideal for engineering, interior and deck crew who may work with onboard audio-visual systems.
This class was previously known as Yacht Entertainment Systems (YES), run by Just ETOs.
After successful completion of this class, each student will:
• Be confident managing the common components that make up a typical yacht AV system
• Have a good grasp of yacht audio, video and control theory and practices
• Understand the cables, connectors and protocols that connect components together
• Be familiar with the common software and tools needed to support a system
• Be able to carry out routine monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting tasks
• Be able to provide an improved service level to all system users onboard
• Be able to liaise more effectively with shoreside companies for support or upgrades
• Understand Crestron programming concepts and be able to manage basic emergency changes
• In-depth familiarization with common AV system hardware
• In-depth familiarization of common cables, connectors and communication protcols
• Introduction to common AV system documentation and schematics
• Introduction to the world of IP Networking
• Familiarization with Crestron Toolbox software suite
• Common Crestron control system theory – basic and intermediate
• Common Crestron Digital Media system tasks – basic and intermediate
• Lighting control theory
• Overview of the Lutron Homeworks QS lighting system
• Overview of Kaleidescape media systems
• Working with Crestron programs – fundamentals and troubleshooting for yacht crew
• Overview of audio DSP and the BSS Soundweb system
• Optimizing the guest AV experience
• Final troubleshooting scenarios
For more information on course content or suitability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All bookings for this class in Fort Lauderdale are made directly through Bluewater.
No prerequisite training required.
This course is offered exclusively by Bluewater USA through our strategic partner Superyacht Electronics Academy. Questions about the course content or suitability are best directed to email@example.com
Book & pay for your bluewater crew training courses online. Join Club bluewater today !
Your club login is used for just about everything you do with us. You may also manage your crew profile, apply for yacht jobs, manage your personal information as well as entering our latest competitions.Join the club