Sign In

Can I work on British Flag Vessels with a Certificate Issued by Another Country?

Yes, the MCA recognises STCW95 endorsed tickets from other countries. You should check the MCA website ( for an updated list. The MCA should issue a Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CEC) with the same limitations as the original certificate. How do I apply for a CEC? You need to download form MSF4203 from the MCA website. Complete the form and include the following documents: - Completed application form - Non-UK Certificate of Competency - GMDSS certificate (Deck officers only) - Passport or discharge book - Evidence of competency in English language - Two passport size photographs - Fee
Yacht training
We train more yacht crew than any other training provider