The Royal Yachting Association Yachtmaster certificate has become the industry standard qualification after the entry-level stage. It is the first formal training in navigation and seamanship that deckhands receive on their path to higher MCA issued certificates and it is a vital part of their maritime education.
This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages. It will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster Coastal and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
You will learn:
• position fixing
• course shaping and plotting
• tidal knowledge
• use of almanacs and admiralty publications
• electronic position finding equipment
• taking and interpreting forecasts
• plotting weather systems
• weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
• collision regulations
• customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad.
For MCA OOW, Chief Mate and Master Certificates it is a requirement that this theory course is successfully completed as part of the training.
We provide this yacht training course in Antibes & Fort Lauderdale.Assessment
3 exam papers over the duration of the coursePrerequisites