Security awareness training must be undertaken by all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on ships which are required to comply with the ISPS Code. This course meets the requirements of Section A-V1/6 paragraph 4 of the amended STCW Code.
The prime objectives of this course are to understand:
- Why security is important aboard a vessel and the roles of the various organisations and individuals involved;
- What constitutes a threat, how to recognise it and what to do;
- The formal procedures involved and the processes required;
- What equipment can be used to assist in this task and how it can help us;
- How to plan, prepare, monitor and carry out security duties.
• This course has been approved by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency and is internationally recognised.
• The course lasts approximately 4 hours, though you are able to enter and exit the course as often as you require
• You can complete the course content in your own time, wherever you are in the world
• Bluewater ONE Account vouchers can be used to purchase this course
An online multiple-choice assessment with a pass rate of 60% and three attempts at the exam before you must retake the course.Requirements