Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) is a course intended for all seafarers who have designated security duties onboard a vessel that is required to comply with ISPS (International Ship and Port Facilities Security).
The prime objectives of this course are to understand:
- Why security is important aboard a vessel and the roles of the various organisations and individuals involved;
- What constitutes a threat, how to recognise it and what to do;
- The formal procedures involved and the processes required;
- What equipment can be used to assist in this task and how it can help us;
- How to plan, prepare, monitor and carry out security duties.
• This course has been approved by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency and is internationally recognised.
• The course lasts approximately 8 hours, though you are able to enter and exit the course as often as you require
• You can complete the course content in your own time, wherever you are in the world
• Bluewater ONE Account vouchers can be used to purchase this course
8 Hours (approx.)Assessment
A multiple-choice assessment with a pass rate of 80% and three attempts at the exam before you must retake the course. The exam is in the Zoom format with an invigilator. We schedule 2 exams per week, on Mondays at 15.00CET and Fridays at 11.00CETRequirements