1. What is your favourite activity to do when you are not working?
Anything where I can be active and get involved with sport like cycling, or going to watch my son play football. Any moments I get to switch off from work, I take the time to spend it with my family.
2. Tell us something we don’t know about yourself.
I will not answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.
3. What is your favourite TV series?
Silent Witness, a BBC One TV series about a team of forensic pathologists uncovering the truths behind murders.
4. What were you like in high school?
The same as now really, cynical, sarcastic, with a playful edge. I try not to take myself or situations too seriously. I like to have fun.
5. How would you convince someone to do something they didn’t want to do?
With a headlock!
6. A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
”Where is the crew office?" And he is there because he can’t read the sign on the door!
7. If you had a choice between two superpowers - being invisible or flying - which would you choose?
Both, they will be very handy to have!
8. When time travel is invented, what advice would you go back and give 18-year-old you?
I would have so much to say, so much advice on areas where to be cautious and what not to do. You can’t really put it all onto a single page.
9. What advice would you give an 18-year-old considering a career in yachting?
Don’t be greedy!
10. What did your teachers often say about you in school reports?
That I could do better 😊
11. What was your favourite subject at school?
Sports, no other subjects really interested me.
12. If you won the lottery for $10 million, what would you do?
I would live my life the way I do now, and carry on as usual. I am very fortunate to have been blessed with a lot in my life.
13. What was the last gift you gave someone?
I gave my daughter, Antonia, a trip to Disney World USA.
14. What would your pet say about you if we asked them for a reference?
“He is the greatest!”