acements, dimensions and what is in season in different popular cruising areas; Mediterranean (May-September) West Indies (December-February) Pacific regions.
Understanding of and ability to store and handle fresh flowers and plants
• What’s in season and what will be available at the time of year you need it.
• Know which flowers can be displayed in direct sunshine (for exterior displays)
• Know how to care for stems; what can or cannot go in the fridge, re-cutting stems
before going into water or foam, removing wilted petals, what can or cannot be
• Know the importance of cleaning vases; bacteria is the main cause of premature
• Know how to correctly measure flower food
Know how to prepare vase and foam arrangements, including:
• Cutting at angles
• Removal of leaves below the water line
We provide this yacht training course in Fort Lauderdale.