Externally the permanent marking shall be clear of any other markings on the hull and shall be not less than 200 mm high (width proportionate to the height). The positioning of the external marking is subject to a range of options:
- on the stern of the ship, or
- either side of the hull, amidships port and starboard, above the deepest assigned load line, or
- either side of the superstructure port and starboard, or
- on the front of the superstructure, or
- In the case of passenger ships, on a horizontal surface visible from the air.
Internally the permanent marking shall be in an easily accessible place and shall be not less than 100 mm high (width proportionate to the height). The positioning of the internal marking is also subject to a range of options:
- on either end of the transverse bulkheads of machinery spaces as defined in regulation II-2/3.30, or
- one of the hatchways or
- in the case of tankers in the pump room, or
- In the case of ships with ro-ro spaces as defined in regulation II-2/3.41, on one of the end transverse bulkheads of the ro-ro space.
We provide yacht charter, yacht brokerage, crew training, crew placement and yacht management. We are a full service luxury yachting company that creates strong and lasting relationships with clients and crew